Polk Moms

Connecting moms in Polk County, Fla.

We traded in our 2005 Honda Civic (almost 85,000) after having it for a couple years.  Hubby wanted to get a new car so there were no worries about it. If only!!!

We've had the new car for just over 4 months now and have brought it back to the dealer 5 times with issues so far.  First was a rattling noise in the back there was something loose with a bracket in the trunk area causing the noise.  The second time we had issues with the USB and they replaced the USB cord.  The third time was a rattling in the steering area.  Had to get insulation put in around the air bag as it was overlooked in the plant when it was made.  The fourth time was a banging sound in the gas tank going over speed bumps (less that 5 MPH), some roads and if you had to break.  They called the tech line of Honda in California and they said it was the baffles in the tank.  They got about 11 cases but no resolution for it yet.  So out the door we are sent and told if they recall it, we would be notified.  The fifth time was this morning.  Had a noise in the steering area again so figured it may be the insulation with the air bag, but it's not.  The housing on the steering column is loose and needs to be replaced.  It's a freaking new car!!!

Hubby called Honda in California to say how unhappy he is with the car and told them about the gas tank.  Got a case number and that was it.  Today was the breaking point and called them back.  They are assigning it to a case manager, they'll contact Regal here to see what if anything was done to resolve the issue (they were a bit stunned that the gas tank was not fixed), and then see from there what they will do.  Not sure if they are going to replace the gas tank and we keep the car or buy back the car and replace it.  If they replace it, not sure if we have to settle with the grey ones they have at Regal or can they find us a blue one like the one we have.

So for now we can't fill our tank because the noise is driving us nuts.  So any out of town trips need to be postponed or if we go we have to keep stopping to get gas.  Can't go over half a tank.  Keep getting told the Lemon Law will replace if it's brought in for the same issue 3 or more times.  Getting from the dealership that it's 3 times or more if it's a safety issue.  Yet on the phone the same one that stated safety issue, said before to hubby that it's 3 times not fixed to our satisfaction.  So who knows what it is!!

Just not happy to be paying on a brand new car when things need to be replaced so soon and having these issues.  We only had the car a couple weeks and hubby was going to return it and they reworked the money to make it worth it to keep it.  Then to top off our tank the last few times we had to go up there.  Not even sure if we just got the one bad apple in the bunch or if they do replace it with another, are we going to have the same issues because it may not be just a few.  Headaches!!!

Views: 1007

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In late June we needed a new car because our old one , the dash lights quit working , /ac not working, radio not working, front seat passenger window not working, and very low gas mileage wasn't going to make a trip in July. So we went to the Honda place here in Lakeland , and looked at CR-Vs. We looked at the only ones on the site there but didn't see one with all the items on it we would like. So hubby saw an ad for Brandon Honda , we drove over there and looked at the CR-Vs on the lot there.We found one that had every thing on it that we had looked at online. So hubby and I talked it over for a few minutes and we said , if you will put a sold sticker on it, we will drive back home and come back the next morning  to make the arrangements to buy it. We put a down payment of 12, 000 on it and financed  the remainder of the price. We drove it home that afternoon. In July we drove it to Va. used 3 tanks of gas, and drove around Chesapeake Va on the 3rd tank. So far my very picky husband has had no complaint about it. My only complaint is the  sun visors are a little too short in length and could be extendable like most other car.s I am very nearsighted and bright sun light nearly blinds me when I am riding in the front when hubby drives. It sounds like you got a lemon with all the problems you are having with it. It i takes more than 3 attempts to fix something and it isn't fixed, it is a lemon. Demand your money back or  ask for the car to be replaced with an entirely new car.

Unfortunately it does not qualify under the Lemon Law.  It's got to be 3 times for the same issue from what I read on the page.  The GM told hubby it's 3 times same issue if not fixed to his satisfaction.  Hubby called to Honda yesterday so waiting to see what is going to be done.  We did ask about the buy back, but it comes under the Lemon Law.  Now waiting to hear from Honda this week as to what is going to be done.  Especially since there's an issue with the gas tank and it's not being fixed.  They say it's not a safety issue, but like hubby said who's to say the loose baffles don't puncture a hole in the gas tank.  Going to call around to a few Lemon Law attorney's to see what they say.  If all else fails, I can go to the news station with it.  Bet that will get them in gear.  I just worry that since they have 11-12 cases already documented at Honda, that if they replace it with the same year car that it may do the same thing in a few months.  You can't keep trading in cars for that, atleast I don't think so :o)

My husband and I don't trust Regal dealership because of its history over here on Hwy 98 due to the Michael Holley fiasco. My daughter was a victim of Michael Holley when she bought her KIA Sportage which she loved. Unfortunately she was hit by a guy  thinking he would get money out of her if he hit her. Now she drives a Hyundai that she is not happy with. By all means go to the air waves with this matter. You are more likely to see it resolved to you satisfaction if you get 8 on your side involved.

Have you talked to the manager or owners with Honda, I'm sure there not going to apperciate you posting your complaints on the The Ledger Internet. I had a problem 2005 with my Nissan Titan with my steering wheel, I had took in for the 3000 service oil change and tire rotation and I started home and my steering wheel started shacking, I took it back and the service guy said I hit a pot hole, well that wasn't something he should had said I went off on him and well I talked to the service manager and he told me it was the brakes, they were to small for the truck, he told me they would have to order everthing that had anything to do with the brakes, well I used my insticted and had everthing in writing and they said they would call me, well in went on for 2 months I called one day they said they had everthing except one part, well the next day I had to go Tampa and I decided to stop by and see why it was taking so long, they hadn't even ordered my parts, everthing was on back ordered, because my truck wasn't the only one that had the same problem 2004-2005 Titan and the SUV, So I went to the sales office and told told the girl up front I wanted to talk to the owner or the person encharge of that place, I gave him the paper that the service manager gave me and showed him they said they ordered everthing, I told him I had called the day before and they said they were waiting on one part, they didn't know when my parts

were going be to in cause Nissian was putting the parts on the New Trucks they were making at that time, instead of sending them to the dealers, So I called Nissian and talked to somebody there and ask why are they putting the parts on the new trucks instead of sending the parts to the dealers, that have people waiting on there parts, The girl got smart with me, told her if my parts aren't here by next week I would see them in court and I would make sure everybody that I could reach would hear about these problems,well my parts where here that next week                           bby said:

Unfortunately it does not qualify under the Lemon Law.  It's got to be 3 times for the same issue from what I read on the page.  The GM told hubby it's 3 times same issue if not fixed to his satisfaction.  Hubby called to Honda yesterday so waiting to see what is going to be done.  We did ask about the buy back, but it comes under the Lemon Law.  Now waiting to hear from Honda this week as to what is going to be done.  Especially since there's an issue with the gas tank and it's not being fixed.  They say it's not a safety issue, but like hubby said who's to say the loose baffles don't puncture a hole in the gas tank.  Going to call around to a few Lemon Law attorney's to see what they say.  If all else fails, I can go to the news station with it.  Bet that will get them in gear.  I just worry that since they have 11-12 cases already documented at Honda, that if they replace it with the same year car that it may do the same thing in a few months.  You can't keep trading in cars for that, atleast I don't think so :o)

Hubby did talk to the owner yesterday about the issues with the gas tank with no resolution in sight for now and the other issues we have.  He assured us not to worry and sometimes Manufacturers can be a pain to deal with.  Really??  I know Regal is doing all that they can and has to go through proper channels, but for Honda themselves to say they are aware of the issue but not to fix it that is where the issue lies.  We bought our previous car from Regal (used car side) and had a problem with being told what was covered by the sales guy and what was actually covered by the dealer being it was used.  Never had issues with any Honda's we had in the past and they were always great cars (of course we bought used).  Don't know why we are having this much trouble with a new one.  Don't get me wrong, we've had nothing but good service when we go to Regal, it's the car and Honda themselves.  If I don't hear from Honda by Friday (they said we should hear from the in 2 business days) I am calling and putting myself as a thorn in their sides. 

Not going so good.  So stressed with this whole issue with the car.  Did talk to the Attorney General's Office today and we do have 2 documented cases with noises from the dash/steering area.  Got to bring it back for the gas tank issue and have it written up as to what can or will be done if nothing to be done it needs to be written up as well.  Service manager that heard the noise in our car and not in the new one he test drove with hubby is on vacation this week so not sure what's going on.  Case manager at Honda says she called and left a message yesterday but when I said I had no call or message, she said she dialed the wrong number.  Yeah okay.  Anyway, she said the tech department in California had something different on the call  that was put in on our car.  Really??  You seriously are kidding me!!!  So needless to say I don't know what is going to happen now.  Luckily the A/G office suggested a few things to do so going to head that way. 

I am so wanting a tall glass of wine, which I do not have cause I haven't had a drink in 4 yrs.  That is how bad I am stressed and just want to relax.

You need to call Honda and tell them that you have talked to Attorney General's Office, What did the AGO tell you to do, and  I'm sorry to say I don't think Regal has done enough.

I just bought a new Elantra in Sept. and when I would hit the brakes hard it sound like metal to metal,I took it in and nothing was done, they said Hyundia new there was a problem, so when I got a e-mail from the Gen Manager I told him I took in and they said that they were waiting to hear from Hyundia, instead of me having to wait the Service Manager called and asked me if I would bring my car in, so I took it back and Hyundia had them replace my brakes, I LOVE MY ELANTRA 

Tabby said:

Not going so good.  So stressed with this whole issue with the car.  Did talk to the Attorney General's Office today and we do have 2 documented cases with noises from the dash/steering area.  Got to bring it back for the gas tank issue and have it written up as to what can or will be done if nothing to be done it needs to be written up as well.  Service manager that heard the noise in our car and not in the new one he test drove with hubby is on vacation this week so not sure what's going on.  Case manager at Honda says she called and left a message yesterday but when I said I had no call or message, she said she dialed the wrong number.  Yeah okay.  Anyway, she said the tech department in California had something different on the call  that was put in on our car.  Really??  You seriously are kidding me!!!  So needless to say I don't know what is going to happen now.  Luckily the A/G office suggested a few things to do so going to head that way. 

I am so wanting a tall glass of wine, which I do not have cause I haven't had a drink in 4 yrs.  That is how bad I am stressed and just want to relax.

The AGO suggested to bring it in again and have them write up the issue and what they are going to do with it if anything.  They also suggested taking it to another Honda dealer to get their paper as to what they will do if anything.  Since the Tech Dept in California says it's liquid sloshing, it's common characteristic of the vehicle from what the case manager said from Hinda.  Told her and the AGO that it's not liquid, it's a banging like something is loose.  The case manager needs is going to contact the dealer and service manager and call me back by the end of Friday.  Service manager that rode in our car and the other new one and heard the noise is on vacation.  We did take it in twice though for a noise in the steering area and once more and we can start it rolling on that.  Although the gas tank issue is far more important.  If there's no fox for the tank (as per what the service manager told us, what is the sense to bring it back if nothing is going to be done.  AGO said bring it back anyways.  It's a mess.

Make sure you have everything in writing and make sure keep a record of Time, Date and Everyperson you talk too, that means Regal and Honda, you'll need that so when they say who said this and who said that, You and your husband have more patents with these people than I do. When is the guy that road with you that heard the noise going to be from Vac., if they don;t tell you then you know Regal is not helping to solve the problem. Yea I would take it to another Dealer to see what they, I think if they run your Vin, they will see there are issues with your car and know that Regal knows about it, so don't be surprised they stand behind Regal

Tabby said:

The AGO suggested to bring it in again and have them write up the issue and what they are going to do with it if anything.  They also suggested taking it to another Honda dealer to get their paper as to what they will do if anything.  Since the Tech Dept in California says it's liquid sloshing, it's common characteristic of the vehicle from what the case manager said from Hinda.  Told her and the AGO that it's not liquid, it's a banging like something is loose.  The case manager needs is going to contact the dealer and service manager and call me back by the end of Friday.  Service manager that rode in our car and the other new one and heard the noise is on vacation.  We did take it in twice though for a noise in the steering area and once more and we can start it rolling on that.  Although the gas tank issue is far more important.  If there's no fox for the tank (as per what the service manager told us, what is the sense to bring it back if nothing is going to be done.  AGO said bring it back anyways.  It's a mess.

I am so at my breaking point with this it is making me physically ill.  My ulcers are kicked up, I am bleeding because of the ulcers and stress and not to mention a HUGE headache.  If I was on the car as well (it's just in hubby's name), I would so drive it into the showroom at Regal.  Getting a round around story with this freaking gas tank issue.

Called to talk to the service guy at Regal.  Was first told that Honda Tech Line in Cali is aware of the issue as the got about a dozen reports and are working on a fix.  Our paper states from Regal that day that there is a noise in ours compared to another car with no noise.  Now he says that yes, the Tech Line in Cali said it is a common characteristic of that year car and they have other reports and are working on a solution.  The car they test drove (hubby and service manager) was a newer car so no noise heard.  They had no 2013 Civics so don't know what they consider newer (maybe less driven since we had ours for 4 mos)?? 

Got to bring the car back on Monday when they tech that has been working on the noise issues in the dash is in so I can get that steering column cover replaced.  That is 2 issues on a noise there even though it's been different things making it.  So if there's another noise after this that makes 3 and we can file Lemon Law papers on it.  Then it's up to the board to decide if it impairs the use, value or safety of the vehicle. 

When you buy a NEW car you should NOT have these issues.  I had less issues with the 2005 Honda Civic we traded in on this (just a tighter suspension and higher mileage).  Not looking forward to telling hubby what I found out this morning because as usual we are told one thing and then told something else afterwards.

Sorry just need to vent.  Hate this whole situation.

Going tomorrow to Regal to talk about our car and get the issue resolved.  I am just hoping this nightmare is over with soon.  I am so sick with it all.  Let you know how it goes.

I think I would tell them before you open your mouth, if I don;t get the right answer that I'm here for, I'll will be going to see a Lawyer next week and let them handle it, cause it looks like your not going to get it resolved your self. Look forward to hear what they say. Good Luck

Tabby said:

Going tomorrow to Regal to talk about our car and get the issue resolved.  I am just hoping this nightmare is over with soon.  I am so sick with it all.  Let you know how it goes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Ledger Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service