Polk Moms

Connecting moms in Polk County, Fla.

If you find lists with baby name inspiration you feel is worth sharing, please do.  As I find them, I'll add them too. 

If you're looking for something glamorous, Darling, look no further.  At the link, 30 glamorous baby names there are some good ones.... but.... a couple made me scratch my head. 

Views: 193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the list is more about famous names, and less about glamour.

I like the idea of bringing names from the past back.  Here's a slide of 10 Vintage Girls Names: Unique Names You Don’t Hear Anymore 

Here's another consideration,   The top 100 list came out for most popular names of 2012.  If you want to be trendy, you could grab a name on here.  If you want to be more unique, you can still use the list on what not to name your child avoiding the hot names of now.  

100 most popular baby names of 2012

Popular Baby Names From 100 Years Ago

Here's one more link to mull over when looking for baby names. 

I don't think I can ever tire of reading about and chatting baby names.  How and what we name our children is a huge deal, something they will have to live with for the rest of their life.

I thought the following could be helpful especially if you are just so hung-up on loving a name so much you may look past a downside easily.  Check it out

8 pitfalls to watch for when naming your baby

Here are some cute derivatives of baby girl names.  So cute!

Versatile Baby Names for Girls

I have picked out my (soon to be born) little girl's name from comics and fairy tales. I like the uniqueness of looking in different places for names, instead of being mainstream. NO!, it isn't going to be anything funky like Apple or Reign. The name picked is Harley Snow. Harley is for Harley Quinn from Batman and Snow is for Snow White (the character on ONce Upon A Time. She is fierce and girly; I like that).

I love it!   

Not only am I thrilled you shared it (so many people keep a baby's name underwraps until after the baby is named these days) and I'm also impressed you have a name picked out.  

I swear I was deciding until the end with all three of mine.  My son Ryan was going to be Evan until the last moment.   

HEATHER SCHIRMACHER said:

I have picked out my (soon to be born) little girl's name from comics and fairy tales. I like the uniqueness of looking in different places for names, instead of being mainstream. NO!, it isn't going to be anything funky like Apple or Reign. The name picked is Harley Snow. Harley is for Harley Quinn from Batman and Snow is for Snow White (the character on ONce Upon A Time. She is fierce and girly; I like that).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Ledger Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service