Polk Moms

Connecting moms in Polk County, Fla.

Our daughters birthday is next month, one will be 5 & one will be 2.  We've been having one party for both (until they get old enough to want "their own").  Any suggestions for a location?  We've checked into Backyard Adventures, Family Fun Center & Chuck E Cheese, but they're all easily over $200!  The past few years it's rained the day of & during their party, so I'm leary of having something outside.  Any suggestions???

Thanks!

Views: 2014

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All parties add up, with the party favors, plates, decorations, etc....even if you don't buy the bouncy house,etc.

Have you thought about one at your house with play pools, slip n slides, sprinklers, etc. You might already have this stuff and it would be fun for the kids especially since it is in the middle of the summer.

We have kind of gotten away from doing parties and letting or kids pick something special instead of a party. Although they aren't doing something with their friends it might be cheaper, you don't have to clean up, or entertain other kids or adults..........
Yep, forgot to add this to mine....for the past couple of years we have opted out of the formal parties but have always taken a special treat to either the classroom or preschool for either child. It doesn't cost other than the treat (as long as the school and teacher approve). With most schools it must be bought from somewhere other than homemade though. And that way the child gets to celebrate with their friends and feel special. :)

KimRuns said:
Do the birthday party at preschool cost is v low if you bring cupcakes to preschool. And the child feels so special for the day

Party of 4 said:
All parties add up, with the party favors, plates, decorations, etc....even if you don't buy the bouncy house,etc. Have you thought about one at your house with play pools, slip n slides, sprinklers, etc. You might already have this stuff and it would be fun for the kids especially since it is in the middle of the summer.

We have kind of gotten away from doing parties and letting or kids pick something special instead of a party. Although they aren't doing something with their friends it might be cheaper, you don't have to clean up, or entertain other kids or adults..........
Due to how expensive places are lately we do home parties or parks, we have been lucky at the parks with no rain.

My question I was about to post is I need ideas for a Sweet 16 party, my place is not big enough for a bunch of teens and she is to old for the typical places.
We're going to do our daughter's party at GymnasticsEtc on Winter Lake Road. It costs $150 for non-members, and it's a pretty nice little deal. You still have to bring your own food/utensils/etc, but it's a good indoor place for the kids to play if you're worried about rain or heat.
At home is where I do mine. Last year I teamed up w/ another Polk Mom and we had it in my backyard. It was so much fun and there were a lot of little ones having a blast. We did get one of the bounce houses but the price is not that bad and well worth it if you are thinking about using a place such as backyard adventures. We did not have to fight for useage while enjoying the pitter pat of lots of children right here in my home. My son is now seven and I still do not see myself going somewhere and spending that much money just to be on a lousy 2 hour max time span. We party at the house until all the little ones are tired and they are darn well ready to be done :) Thats why I enjoy the home parties you have = fun as a parent and lots of adult conversation while the kids are being kids :) We had a bounce house, bon fire w/ smores, lots of toys, dirt digging, and a tarp acted as a slip n slide w/ soap, I even had a party here for another Polk mom and we had a water balloon fight. Give the kids a water hose or sprinkler and the LOVE it. I hope you find the perfect spot for your party but hands down parties at the house are so much more fun in my eyes.
For the last 3 years my daughter, now 7, has had her parties at Florida Flips Gymnastics in Winter Haven, just off of Dundee Road. They are very reasonable, two hours for up to eight children $95.00 and each additional child $ 5.00. The staff there is great and the kids have a blast. You do need to provide you're own food and drinks but there's very little set up or clean up on your part.
Aquatics,haines city water park is alot to rent out but if you have the party at the park which is very nice,beautiful play area which is off of 5th street it is free and the water park is on 6th street which is well worth the $3 per person to get in. Even the guess dont mind paying their way in at that price,knowing ahead of time. I have pics of the place i can post :)
this looks like a GREAT Polkmoms playdate idea!!!!!!!!

Christina Elaine Kennedy said:
Aquatics,haines city water park is alot to rent out but if you have the party at the park which is very nice,beautiful play area which is off of 5th street it is free and the water park is on 6th street which is well worth the $3 per person to get in. Even the guess dont mind paying their way in at that price,knowing ahead of time. I have pics of the place i can post :)
I agree Aimee. I would love to take my kids and try it out. For $3 person, it doesn't sound bad at all. And, from what I've seen it looks pretty neat!
We had our daughter's 4th birthday at Build-a-Bear in the Florida Mall. It was pretty good value and you can set the price. We had the store issue gift cards to the parents and then if the child wanted to add more accessories they paid extra. Chick-Fil-A delivered food and that was a reasonable price too. We took our own drinks which we purchased at Sam's.
Everyone said this was the best party they had been to and still talk about it now! Each child got to build a bear of their own and take it home. I would highly recommend it. Our guests ranged from 1 to 5 and they all loved it.
Do you mind if I ask how much you spent (roughly) per child??

vjmommy said:
We had our daughter's 4th birthday at Build-a-Bear in the Florida Mall. It was pretty good value and you can set the price. We had the store issue gift cards to the parents and then if the child wanted to add more accessories they paid extra. Chick-Fil-A delivered food and that was a reasonable price too. We took our own drinks which we purchased at Sam's.
Everyone said this was the best party they had been to and still talk about it now! Each child got to build a bear of their own and take it home. I would highly recommend it. Our guests ranged from 1 to 5 and they all loved it.
I just got an email from gymboree (lakeside village) that says they do birthday parties too - ages 1 through 5.... you might want to check that out don't know about the prices though..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Ledger Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service