Polk Moms

Connecting moms in Polk County, Fla.

Hello everyone!!! I have a 10 year old who loves to read, well... she loves to read things that she is interested in. But, finding something to catch her attention is hard. She adored the wimpy kid books and thankfully there is a new one coming out soon. She has asked about the Diary of a Dork books and I'm going to buy her some fairy series, hopefully she'll like those. 

Can any of you offer any help as to what books your girls or even boys have been interested in? I remember there were many series of books that I loved as a kid, but for the life of me I cannot remember any of them!! 

Thank you for all your help!!

Christy

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As I little girl I loved the Nancy Drew series, its older but I still think it would be enjoyable.
Thank you! I'll have her check one out to see if she likes it!

Over-wrked Momma said:
As I little girl I loved the Nancy Drew series, its older but I still think it would be enjoyable.
My daughter is nine and loves the Dork Diary's and Diary of Wimpy Kid Series....growing up I loved to read, I remember staying in bed on Saturday mornings and reading until noon....lol while my brother would watch cartoons instead.

I loved the Nancy Drew Series, Hardy Boys, Bobbsey Twins Series, Little House on the Prairie, Babysitters Club (they are coming out with a new Baby Sitters Club book series) I remember a series of books about a horse or horses but can't remember the name..I will have to think about that...hope this helps.

Jennifer
I really enjoyed the Beverly Cleary and Judy Blume books. They are coming out with a movie from one the Beverly Cleary books.
The American Girl books always got my attention so I started reading them to my 6 year old niece. She loved them. I'm sure your 10 year old would love them. There are so many stories to choose from.
Thank you all for your suggestions! I adored the Sweet Valley High when I was a kid... or at least I think that is what they were called... hmmmm! My memory is shot! :) The new wimpy kid book comes out within a couple of weeks and I think I'll grab her the dork diaries when she is done with that. Thank you ladies!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Ledger Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service