Polk Moms

Connecting moms in Polk County, Fla.

I was hoping when the very recent story about an Amish girl being killed by a stray bullet went public that celebratory gunfire would be considered a real and honest danger.  I feel it's very important for this story- a tale of a wayward deadly bullet- to inform.  

See, Amish girl, 15, was shot in head by rogue bullet from hunting gun a...

When a bullet is shot in the air, what goes up, must come down.  And when a bullet doesn't meet its intended target, there's potential for danger when that bullet meets its stopping point. 

Below is a very, very tragically sad story.  I hope this young man can make a recovery.  My prayers are with his family.   I can not fathom how these parents felt- sitting, watching a firework display to see their son collapse bleeding.   A true parental nightmare. :(

Read this fairly local story, coming out of Ruskin,  below:

Child shot in head by New Year's celebratory gunfire

Tags: air, amish, boy, bullet, celebratory, dangerous, death, florida, girl, gunfire, More…head, in, new, projectile, ruskin, shot, stray, wayward, years

Views: 412

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very, very sad.

I definitely heard quite a bit of celebratory gunfire in my area. 

Hopefully this extremely tragic situation will cause others to think before they engage in this type of irresponsible activity.

Is there anything more obnoxious that shooting off bullets to celebrate anything?  Sad on so many levels...

I read this yesterday... sooo sad :( Do people not understand that the bullet has to come down eventually??

But what is also sad,  even though it is ridiculously stupid, is what are the odds that a stray bullet would actually be that accurate?  It's such a slim, slim chance of ever making contact, but obviously can and did happen.

It's something that has always scared me - we've had a bullet hole in the back of our house a couple years now - I cannot fathom how reckless some people are with their guns! Prayers to the boy and his family!

Boy in Ruskin Hit By New Year's Eve Gunfire Remains in Coma

More on the story and I hope updates, good ones, keep coming.

You would be suprised by how many criminal mischief calls I ran on New Years day when people woke up and found bullet holes in cars, houses, sheds and windows.  They always land somewhere...

18watt_fan said:

But what is also sad,  even though it is ridiculously stupid, is what are the odds that a stray bullet would actually be that accurate?  It's such a slim, slim chance of ever making contact, but obviously can and did happen.

My thoughts and prayers go out to this family and child.  I never go outside on New Years Eve, just for this reason.

How many injuries and deaths is it going to take before people understand discharging a gun in the air is poor judgement?

Falling bullet injures Clearwater man watching July Fourth fireworks

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Ledger Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service