Polk Moms

Connecting moms in Polk County, Fla.

Commonground Park : Couple Sues City Over Boy's Fall Off Slide

slide without sides.
and they pay their big shots over a hundred thousand dollars each a year.
that is the child-molester accomodating city of lakeland government for you !!
-non-butt-kissing city retiree.

Views: 819

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ron, my daughter at about 3 yrs old almost fell out of a slide WITH SIDES to it and it was in the section designed for her age. Her foot got caught on the side causing her to lunge forward and over the side.  Myself and my husband were right there to catch her or she would have falling about 4 ft to the ground. So does that mean we say it is unsafe and pull it out.

Ronald S. Alexander said:

aj , if it were your child with a broken bone sticking out , i do believe you would feel otherwise.

there really is no good justification for a slide  without sides , particularly that one , in that type of park , imo.

AJ 3 said:

Isn't it great to live in a lawsuit happy society!?  Seriously though - I have 3 kids and don't take them to this park unless I have someone there to assist me with watching them.  It's a large park area with so many different things to play on.  It is my responsibility as a parent to watch my child and keep them safe.  Even if there is equipment there that has a sign saying the appropriate age and I don't think my child can handle it, I am responsible for telling them no and redirecting them to another piece of equipment.  Then again - accidents happen all the time!  My less than 2 yr old just got stitches. I guess I should look into suing the manufacturer of the toddler chair he fell off of.  Seriously - I don't think this has anything to do with "Bad Government" and "Shady Politics".  Sorry you are so disgusted with them.  Kids will be kids and accidents do happen.

YES , shawn , i would agree with her and am glad to see it go . arguing over responsibility of the parents  does not change the fact that this slide was unsafe . the recall substantiates that fact.
Shawn Arnold said:

Slide at Center of City Lawsuit is Recalled

The slide was removed on Monday.   Are you happy or sad to see it go?  

Take a look at the removed slide courtesy of the picture taken (added below) by Ernst Peters, The Ledger.   I've talked to a mom at the park about this slide.  While pointing at this big piece of plastic shaking her head she shared, "Common sense wasn't used at Common Ground when it came to the purchase and install of this slide".  Would you agree with her?

Tracy Fritchman said:

Ron, my daughter at about 3 yrs old almost fell out of a slide WITH SIDES to it and it was in the section designed for her age. Her foot got caught on the side causing her to lunge forward and over the side.  Myself and my husband were right there to catch her or she would have falling about 4 ft to the ground. So does that mean we say it is unsafe and pull it out

if it was unreasonably unsafe , as this one was , yes ma'am !

if it were your child with a broken bone sticking out , i do believe you would feel otherwise . there really is no good justification for a slide  without sides , particularly that one , in that type of park , imo.

I like to try new stuff at parks.  If the slide was recalled isn't that a manufacturer issue?

Shawn Arnold said:

Take a look at the removed slide courtesy of the picture taken (added below) by Ernst Peters, The Ledger.   I've talked to a mom at the park about this slide.  While pointing at this big piece of plastic shaking her head she shared, "Common sense wasn't used at Common Ground when it came to the purchase and install of this slide".  Would you agree with her?

Glad to see this slide go too. True, parents need to keep an eye on their kids, but come on....why on earth did they put this slide here? Why did they market this playground as a "safe environment for kids of all abilities" etc. Yes, we are sue happy in this country, but sometimes the suits do help make positive changes. Too bad so many kids had to get hurt before they recalled this slide. 

Ronald S. Alexander said:

YES , shawn , i would agree with her and am glad to see it go . arguing over responsibility of the parents  does not change the fact that this slide was unsafe . the recall substantiates that fact.
Shawn Arnold said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Ledger Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service