Polk Moms

Connecting moms in Polk County, Fla.

Here is the latest Duggar news.

Preemie Josie Duggar Released From Hospital

When chatting with my husband this morning, I mentioned this story. He said,

"Wow, I really hope this was a lesson to them as a sign they need to stop (having children)".

Do you agree with my husband?

Number 19? Wow, that number is unfathomable. Not only can I not imagine having enough time for each child, there is no way I would want to be pregnant that many times.

Tags: Duggar, news

Views: 438

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It doesn't surprise me at all that they would welcome more children. They believe that children are gifts from God and that God's will be done. It's not socially acceptable to continue having so many children, but my great grandparents had many many siblings and the kids were expected to help around the household. It's not my choice, but I won't judge them for theirs.

I am glad Josie is doing so well. Born so very early it could have been a much different outcome.
Alicia - you just saved me a buncha typing so I'll just happily say 'DITTO' :-D

Alicia (Alsan) said:
It doesn't surprise me at all that they would welcome more children. They believe that children are gifts from God and that God's will be done. It's not socially acceptable to continue having so many children, but my great grandparents had many many siblings and the kids were expected to help around the household. It's not my choice, but I won't judge them for theirs.

I am glad Josie is doing so well. Born so very early it could have been a much different outcome.

It’s a boy! Duggars reveal gender of grandchild No. 2

Michelle announces to the entire family, including the parents (who didn't know themselves), the gender of her second grandchild. 

Also is a mention of Michelle hoping for baby number 20!   Click above to read on and come back to share your thoughts.  : )

I can't substantiate it, but I read somewhere that the Duggars do not accept payment from TLC.  They consider the show a mission.  If that's the case, they certainly aren't expoiting their kids for money.  I'll see if I can look it up.

Personally, with millions of kids dealing with lack of food, medical care, drug-addicted/absent parents, etc etc etc in this country...a bunch of well-cared for, loved albeit "brainwashed" religious zealots should really be the least of our concerns.

Poor Michelle.  I know she may want 20 but I think God has given plenty of signs that her womb needs to be closed post-haste. 

Should be interesting to see how many kids Josh and Anna have :)

MandyJay, you never fail to make me grin.  Girl I like your wit and banter, you are one super cool chic!

MandyJay said:

Poor Michelle.  I know she may want 20 but I think God has given plenty of signs that her womb needs to be closed post-haste. 

Awww... thanks!

Over-wrked Momma said:
MandyJay, you never fail to make me grin.  Girl I like your wit and banter, you are one super cool chic!

MandyJay said:

Yesterday I saw I was beat to the punch in adding this very chat worthy update.  Way to be on top of this  story, Tabby!

I'll add our link here in case someone stumbles on this thread.  You gals really are chatting this up! 

Duggar's expecting child # 20

I'll also add the story, too.  I couldn't get the link added at the above link to work.

Michelle & Jim Bob Duggar Expecting 20th Child

I think we all saw this coming.  In a recent interview Michelle Duggar says she would like to have more children.

Your thoughts?

Duggars talk about their miscarriage, next pregnancy

Bless their hearts :(  

I just hope... I don't know what I hope.  No more losses, I guess is the best I can say.  I don't think that's something you ever get over.

Although this isn't huge Duggar family news it's worth chatting about.  I just saw this picture of momma Michelle's make-over and I can't believe how good it is.  I wonder if she will embrace and keep the look?

What do you think of her make-over?

See Michelle's New Hair-Do at this link.

I think it does look nice...

But she lost me at:
“I know Jim Bob likes it long and I am trying to impress him — what he likes is what I want,” Michelle said

What he likes is what I want is the exact part that bugged me. On one hand I get it, I do, you want to look good for your man - but I don't base every action on what my husband likes. Just last week I went in for a trim, I've been growing my hair long again and on a whim decided to hack it all off. It's shorter than it's been in years. When I called a friend, the first reaction was "what will hubby say?!" It's my hair - I don't really care who likes/dislikes it above how I feel about it.

When I saw this thread bumped back into currents I thought for sure she was pregnant again!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Ledger Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service