Polk Moms

Connecting moms in Polk County, Fla.

Here are some events that I've discovered so far.  If you know of others, please add them here or email them to me at shawn.arnold@polkmoms.com

Do you already have a planned or favorite event you're looking forward to?

Free Kids on Halloween at Dinosaur World  Oct 31st

Day of the Dead Celebration & Workshop
Oct 30th

Ghost Stories (part of the Cracker Storytelling Festival) -October 8th

Trick or Treat Dance Oct. 29th

Shriek Peek Sept. 24th

Polk State College's 24th Annual Fallfest
-Oct. 16th

Dr. Scissorhands Pumpkin Carving Exhibition -Oct. 30th

Boktoberfest- Oct. 16th

Tags: Central, County, Fall, Florida, Halloween, Polk, children, events, family, kids, More…moms

Views: 534

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Selina, I'm sure it will be fine, seriously, people do it all the time. I would have hated telling you to, "Go for it!" and something happen. Me, personally, I would- so good luck on getting and reserving a great spot. My step-son, Austin, is marching for Summerlin today, too. :)

My son, Ethan, will walk our Great Dane, Onya, with Dr. Brooks. Ryan and Lillian will ride the JSL of Bartow float with me. The Arnold family will be spread out all over the place in the parade. Someone is bound to see some of us. : )

you sure are! :) I am sure we will definitely see your son Ethan, my daughter loves dogs, so she will be pointing any & all out to us!!

Shawn Arnold said:Selina, I'm sure it will be fine, seriously, people do it all the time. I would have hated telling you to, "Go for it!" and something happen. Me, personally, I would- so good luck on getting and reserving a great spot. My step-son, Austin, is marching for Summerlin today, too. :)

My son, Ethan, will walk our Great Dane, Onya, with Dr. Brooks.  Ryan and Lillian will ride the JSL of Bartow float with me. The Arnold family will be spread out all over the place in the parade. Someone is bound to see some of us. : )
Trick or Treating, Haunted Houses, Inflatables Planned for the Area

Click the above Ledger link to find SIX pages of activities in our area. WOW! I think Polk County takes this holiday serious! :)
I know that alot of Churches are having Trunk or Treat and other Fall stuff on Halloween Night- but I do not know of which ones. My husband and I were trying to find a church to take out little boy to On Halloween night. If anyone can name some who are doing stuff. Please let me know- or list them on this post. Thanks!!!

Ashley
First United Methodist Church on Lake Morton, in Lakeland, is having a trunk or treat on Halloween. 5-7 pm... I believe the Polk Museum is having a family Halloween party tonight from 4-7. There is something big going on Saturday afternoon, downtown Lakeland and I'm not talking about the Dr. Scissorhands.... wow... I wish I would have seen this list earlier this month!!!!!
St Anthony's Catholic Church on Marcum Rd and US Hwy 98 North in Lakeland is doing Trunk and Treat tomorrow. It is tomorrow 5pm-8pm (they said it was posted till 9pm but that was wrong). She suggested getting there about 4:30pm because last year they had 200-250 kids. I was thinking of going, but started thinking of how much candy can one family have before turning diabetic..lol
i think that parks and rec should also take the time even though the city manager does not let people know when the kids will be trick or treating i have been tring to find this out for days and every time i call no one knows or cares because they are not getting any thing or money out of it but haines city has been this way for the last 20 years i think we need someone in office that cares about our kids not money they can make off to off set what they spent on our new park that most kids can't play because it is over run with older kids that have nothing better to do but miss up the park. haines city needs to let people know things like trick or treat just to infore drivers to watch out for our youngest citizen.

Shawn Arnold said:
Haines City Parks & Recreation will host the 21st Annual Fall Festival on October 30th from 10:00AM-2:00PM at Railroad Park in Downtown Haines City. Entertainment will be provided all day by local schools and dance groups. The event will feature food & craft vendors, pie eating contest, children's & adult costume contests, a pumpkin decorating contest and a cake walk! All contests and admission are FREE!
For additional information, please log on to the City's website at www.ci.haines-city.fl.us or contact the Haines City Parks and Recreation Department at 863-421-3700.
SHAWN I WENT TO THIS SO CALLED FALL FEST AGAIN HAINES CITY HAD NOTHING MUCH FOR KIDS TO DO UNLESS IT COST\\AS FOR THE PUMPKIN CONTEST THEY LET 2 LITTLE GIRLS GUDGE AND THEY PICKED THERE OWN OUT AND WAS DONE BEFORE TIME SO NO ONE SAW DO YOU REALLY THINK THIS WAS FUN FOR OUR KIDS THE ONLY THING TO DO THERE WAS TO SPEND MONEY THIS TIME AND DAY WHO HAS MUCH MONEY FOR THEM TO SPEND NO CAKE WALKS NOTHING TO TO WITH FALL.

patricia rose said:
i think that parks and rec should also take the time even though the city manager does not let people know when the kids will be trick or treating i have been tring to find this out for days and every time i call no one knows or cares because they are not getting any thing or money out of it but haines city has been this way for the last 20 years i think we need someone in office that cares about our kids not money they can make off to off set what they spent on our new park that most kids can't play because it is over run with older kids that have nothing better to do but miss up the park. haines city needs to let people know things like trick or treat just to infore drivers to watch out for our youngest citizen.

Shawn Arnold said:
Haines City Parks & Recreation will host the 21st Annual Fall Festival on October 30th from 10:00AM-2:00PM at Railroad Park in Downtown Haines City. Entertainment will be provided all day by local schools and dance groups. The event will feature food & craft vendors, pie eating contest, children's & adult costume contests, a pumpkin decorating contest and a cake walk! All contests and admission are FREE!
For additional information, please log on to the City's website at www.ci.haines-city.fl.us or contact the Haines City Parks and Recreation Department at 863-421-3700.
Patricia, I'm sorry your time at the festival was not what you hoped for it to be. : ( What I posted was sent to me in a news release. Consider using some of those contacts listed with the festival details to give Haines City Parks and Rec feedback for improvement. I hope your family was able to find some good times over the holiday weekend. Thank you for the feedback. : )

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Ledger Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service